VIXEN AX103S SD APO Refractor
The AX103S SD APO is the latest in the Vixen refractor line and features a triplet ED objective lens and a rear field flattener lens.
This f/8.0 SD APO reractor benefits from a central ED lens in the objective lens array to reduce chromatic aberration and improve contrast. An optional focal reducer speeds up the scope the scope to f/5.6 making it a superior astro imaging scope.
The rear field flattener helps to deliver sharp images to the edges of the field of view.
The light gathering power is 217-power and the tube is supplied with:
- Dual speed rack-and-pinion focuser
- Tube rings
- Retractable lens hood
The 60mm visual back accepts either an optional extension tube or diagonal to accommodate 50.8 mm (2") eyepiece. Metal carry handle is an optional accessory, to be attached on the tube rings.
- Optical Design Super ED Apochromatic Quad Element Refractor
- Aperture 103 mm (4")
- Focal Length 825mm
- Focal Ratio f/8.0
- Coating Multi Coating
- Resolving Power 1.13 arc sec
- Limiting Magnitude 11.8
- Light Gathering Power 217x
- Adapter Thread 60mm/50.8mm
- Astrophotography Prime Focus, Eyepiece Projection and Afocal Imaging
- Outside Dew Shield Diameter 140mm
- Visual Back Compression Ring
- Optical Tube Length 27 (690mm)
- Optical Tube Diameter 4.5" (115mm)
- Optical Tube Weight 10 lbs (4.55 kg)
- Vixen AX103S APO optical tube
- Tube rings
- Vixen dovetail bar
Complimentary accessories (from Starfield Instruments Supply):
- 2" to 1.25" adapter (worth RM180)
- 6x30 Finderscope (worth RM175)