With its large aperture and respectable focal length, the Celestron Omni XLT 120mm f/8.3 EQ Refractor Telescope is an ideal choice for making detailed observations of the Moon and planets, with the capability to split binary stars and separate star clusters, and resolve galaxies and nebulae. Its fairly fast focal ratio gives it the ability to achieve high magnifications with the addition of optional eyepieces, and thanks to its large 2" focuser the available options are nearly limitless. The larger drawtube also helps to prevent vignetting when using wide-field eyepieces during observation sessions, or when using large imaging-sensor cameras for astrophotography. To allow the use of the included 1.25" eyepiece and diagonal, a reducer adapter is included and installs easily without tools. The scope comes with the manual CG-4 equatorial mount outfitted with steel worm gears on both axes for smooth tracking and stability with two counterweights for proper balancing to ensure smooth movement. Also included is a heavy-duty stainless steel tripod to provide a sturdy and steady platform.
- 120mm or 4.7inch aperture
- Long focal length 1000mm
- StarBright XLT Multi-Coated Optics
- 2" Focuser with 1.25" adapter
- Omni CG-4 Manual Equatorial Mount with Steel Tripod
- Adjustable-Height Tripod with Tray
- Sturdy with easy no-tool required setup
- Suitable for day and night viewing
Standard accessories included:
- 25mm eyepiece 1.25" (40-power)
- 6x30 finder scope
- Star Diagonal 1.25"
- CG-4 EQ mount with slow-motion controls
- Steel tripod with accessory tray
- Counter weights (1x 3.2kg & 1x 1.8kg)
- Counterweight rod
- Dust cap
- StarryNight Special Edition Software
Suggested optional accessories:
- Celestron Dual-axes Motor Drive with hand control
- Orion Zoom eyepiece 7-21mm 1.25"
- Orion 2" Dieletric Diagonal with 1.25" adapter
- 2" or 1.25" Moon Filter (13% Transmission)
- 2x Barlow lens 1.25"
- 3x 4-element Barlow lens 1.25"
- Celestron Luminos 2" 2.5x Barlow lens with 1.25" adapter
- Orion Q70 2" 38mm Eyepiece