Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD: truly the ultimate entry-level astroimaging package. This package combines the groundbreaking new Advanced VX mount with Celestron’s best optics, the EdgeHD optical system. This setup offers the astroimager maximum versatility – allowing up to 3 different f-stop configurations. Users can attach a camera to the rear of the telescope and shoot at f/10, or attach our 8-inch focal reducer and shoot at f/7. Additionally, EdgeHD is Fastar/Hyperstar compatible, giving imagers the option to shoot at ultra-fast f/2. No matter which configuration you choose, EdgeHD technology gives you pinpoint stars all the way to the edge of the CCD sensor.
With an 8-inch optical tube and our portable Advanced VX mount, this setup can be easily transported and assembled by one person. You’ll also have plenty of load capacity to attach your camera and other accessories. This setup is simple enough for a beginner to use, but can also provide years of enjoyment for sophisticated astroimagers.
- Optical Design: EdgeHD Schmidt-cassegrain
- Aperture: 203 mm
- Focal Length: 2032 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 40 mm (51x)
- Finderscope: 9x50
- Tripod: Adjustable, Stainless Steel
- Tripod Leg Diameter: 2"
- Highest Useful Magnification: 480 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude:14
- Resolution (Rayleigh) : 0.69 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes): 0.57 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) : 841 x
- Optical Tube Length: 17"
- Optical Tube Weight: 5.9 kg
- Tripod Weight: 8.16 kg
- Weight of Counterweights : 1 x 12 lbs (5.45 kg)
- Warranty: 2-year Telescope Warranty
|In The Box|
|Included Items||1x EdgeHD 8" f/10 Aplanatic Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope (OTA Only) 1x Advanced VX GoTo German Equatorial Mount 1x Stainless Steel Tripod with Tray 1x Counterweight Bar 1x 12-lb (5.5 kg) Counterweight 1x Hand Controller Holder 1x NexStar+ Hand Controller 1x 12 VDC Car/Vehicle Power Cord 1x Declination Motor Cable 1x User's Manual|
|Highlights||- EdgeHD Aplanatic Field-Flattener Design - StarBright XLT Optical Coating System - 40,000+ Database, User-Defined Objects - Multiple Alignment Procedures - 30 lbs Payload|