POWERSEEKER is a model designed for beginners, and it's a popular yet easy to use refracting telescope for first time users.
In order to benefit our beginners, we put the Electric Drive or Motor Drive in the package at a very special offer price. It requires few steps to install the electric drive to Celestron CG2 equatorial mount. Based on field observation for individual celestial objects, users may adjust the tracking speed from the electric drive. It's useful for users to keep the target tracked within the eyepiece field-of-view for a longer time, without disappearing from the sight due to Earth's diurnal motion.
A 9V DC battery is provided in the set.
Standard Accessories included:
- Two eyepieces (20mm & 4mm 1.25 inch)
- 5x24 Finder
- 3x Barlow lens 1.25 inch
- Erect diagonal 1.25 inch
- Powerseeker Equatorial Mount with aluminum tripod
- Two slow motion control cables
- Objective lens cover
- Counterweight and shaft
- User's manual (English)
- Software: StarryNight Limited Edition
- Motor Drive (battery included)
- Assembled weight: 8.62 kg
- 2-year local warranty
Motor Drive (for PowerSeeker/AstroMaster equatorial mount):
- Single-axis electric drive
- DC 9V battery included
- Allen key included
Benefit of having Motor Drive installed
This easy-to-install RA motor drive compensates for the Earth’s rotation, so the telescope tracks a star’s movement through the night sky from east to west. When the telescope mount is properly polar aligned and the RA drive is attached and running, the user need only make occasional adjustments in declination (Dec) to keep an object in the eyepiece for long periods of time.
The Celestron single-axis motor drive runs on a 9V battery, so there are no cords to get in the way. The drive can be used in either the Northern or Southern Hemisphere. To change hemispheres (reverse the motor’s direction), simply flip the North/South (N/S) switch on the face of the motor drive. It is also simple to change the speed of the motor. A “Speed Rate Regulator” knob is located just under the power indicator, and can be turned in either direction to slow down or speed up the motor. Since solar system objects like the Sun and, Moon move through the sky at different rates than deep-sky objects do, this gives you the ability to match the motor’s speed to the particular type of object you are observing.
- Shipping FREE is only valid within Peninsular Malaysia with our consigned courier service provider. For major cities, estimated transit time is 2 - 4 working days under normal situation which are not limited to weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances.
- Due to limited flights to Sarawak and Sabah, it may cause delay in delivery. If you wish to continue the order and ship to Sarawak and Sabah, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your detailed delivery address. We'll quote you the price beforehand.
- Please note that we are not able to handle urgent or fast delivery requests.