POWERSEEKER is a model designed for beginners, and it's a popular yet easy to use refracting telescope for first time users.
In order to benefit our beginners, we put the Electric Drive or Motor Drive in the package at a very special offer price. It requires few steps to install the electric drive to Celestron CG2 equatorial mount. Based on field observation for individual celestial objects, users may adjust the tracking speed from the electric drive. It's useful for users to keep the target tracked within the eyepiece field-of-view for a longer time, without disappearing from the sight due to Earth's diurnal motion.
A 9V DC battery is provided in the set.
What You Need To Know About Celestron PowerSeeker 80EQ Refracting Telescope with Motor Drive:
- Optical Design: Doublet Refractor
- Aperture (diameter of objective lens): 80mm (3.15")
- Focal Length: 900 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/11
- Mount Type: German Equatorial (EQ-1)
- Tripod: Aluminum adjustable with accessory tray (eyepiece holder)
- Supplied Eyepieces: 20 mm (45x) and 4 mm (225x)
- Barlow Lens: 3x
- Finderscope: 5x24
- Star Diagonal: 1.25" Erect Image Diagonal
- Highest Useful Magnification 189x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 12
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye): 131x
- Apparent Field of View: 1.2°
- Optical Coatings: Multi-Coated
- Total Telescope Kit Weight: 8.62 kg
- Software: Starry Night Basic Edition
- Other accessories included: Counterweight, counterweight shaft, slow motion control cables, objective lens cover, color user's guide
- Motor Drive included with 9V battery
Remark: Shipping is excluded! Please select your destination upon order.