The INSPIRE 90 is a refractor telescope perfect for terrestrial and celestial viewing on the go. The Inspire can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy at night and with the erect image star diagonal makes the optical tube ideal for using as a spotting scope during the day.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze and will have you observing in no time. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The adjustable tripod legs allow you to customize the telescope’s height or place it on raised surfaces like a picnic table. The total telescope kit is lightweight and perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a panning handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The Inspire 90 comes with two eyepieces (20 mm and 10 mm), a 90° erect image diagonal, an integrated smartphone adapter, a finderscope, and a red LED flashlight. The two eyepieces offer different magnifications to view your intended object. The erect image diagonal allows for right-side-up viewing ideal for terrestrial subjects but can also be used for celestial objects. The Star Pointer finderscope will help you quickly center an object in your eyepiece for easier observing. Illuminate your accessory tray with the built-in red LED flashlight. The flashlight can easily be removed from the mount to provide red light where you need it most.
Image celestial or terrestrial objects with this smartphone adapter! With its light, rigid frame, this accessory allows you to connect any smartphone to any telescope eyepiece with an outside diameter of 45 mm or smaller. The additional magnification provided by the eyepiece allows your phone to capture great images of the Moon, planets, and terrestrial targets like birds and wildlife. This smartphone adapter installs easily by clamping over the top of an eyepiece. The smartphone is held in position with the help of tightening knobs that securely lock your phone in place. While the vast majority of smartphones can be used with the case on, some very large and/or bulky phone cases (such as folio style cases) may need to be removed for the phone to fit in the adapter.
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our solar system and beyond. This is a world recognized planetarium software, enabling users to do fun navigation easily.
Specifications of Inspire 90AZ:
- Optical Design: Doublet Achromatic Refractor
- Aperture: 90 mm (3.5-inch)
- Focal Length: 900 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/11
- Optical Coating: Fully coated glass optics
- Eyepiece/Magnification: 20mm Kellner (1.25") / 45x | 10mm Kellner (1.25") / 90x
- Star Diagonal: Erect image 90° (1.25")
- Finderscope: StarPointer Pro
- Other Accessories: SkyPortal app
- Resolution (Dawes): 1.29 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power: 165x the unaided eye
- Highest Useful Magnification: 213x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 13x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude : 12.3
- Mount: Alt-azimuth
- Tripod: Steel, 1.25" diameter, 47" max height
- Included Items: 90mm telescope tube| mount with tripod and folding accessory tray connected| red LED flashlight| 90° erect image diagonal| 20mm & 10mm Kellner eyepieces| StarPointer Pro finderscope| Free download of SkyPortal | Dust cap cum smartphone adapter